NTL mailbox full but can not download messages

keith mac 10:21 22 Feb 04

IE6; dial up 56K modem

My mailbox at NTL's server is probably full - around 2500 messages in there. I can't download the messages as Norton Antivirus detects and automatically deletes a file with Mydoom in it. This stops the download so the messages never get emptied from the server. It's done this several times.

Trying to get a response from NTL is hopeless.

Can anyone suggest a way of dealing with this please? I don't care if I lose all the messages - they're mostly Spam anyway.

Diodorus Siculus 10:26 22 Feb 04

Get mailwasher from click here and put in your details.

Log on to the ntl pop3 server and delete anything there that you don't want.

johnnyrocker 10:28 22 Feb 04

it has been posted elsewhere that ntl are upgrading/repairing their mail servers or something like that, if it is a pop mail server click here and enter your e mail address and password and you can edit from there.

johnny.

I use ´Mailwasher´for all suspect emails.It is ideal for emails that have a virus attached. Mailwasher will say if the email has a possible virus attached,but I must say that this warning is rarely right. It has flagged some good emails as suspect when they are not and some of the obvious emails that contain a virus are not even flagged. So be careful!!

TBH1 16:03 22 Feb 04

if you don't want to use mailwasher, you need to get onto your email via the webmail link on ntl's home page and go through and delete unwanted stuff - - -remember to go into "trash" or "junk" and delete from there too .

keith mac 16:17 22 Feb 04

Thanks guys - I'll try these suggestions

keith mac 16:50 22 Feb 04

Johnny - GREAT!

What a dumb ass I am - I had no idea how to go about things - a few stutters when I tried the Delete All button but after a few tries SUCCESS!

I'm so grateful - thank you.

Thanks too to all the other contributors - I'd got MailWasher already on my 'to-do' list. Now I really will get it done.

Many, many thanks......

keith

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…