NTL Homepage - help required

georgemac 11:36 03 Feb 04

I want to use the free space offered by my ISP for our website we are building.

I have uploaded the files to the correct ftp server location using smart ftp, and can see the files on the NTL server.

However when I open my homepage http:// click here /my account name (I have added spaces so it does not put a hyperlink) it just says the page cannot be displayed.

In the root directory are files index.htm main.htm links.htm and title.htm and even if I add these filenames to the end of the link to my homepage, it (IE6) still cannot find anything.

Hopefully it is something simple. In the meantime I am uploading it to another free hosting site, so will check it there and see if it comes up OK

georgemac 13:26 04 Feb 04

no problems with the other free hosting site.

I deleted all the files on NTL ftp server with smart ftp, and loaded a simple webpage, I still cannot get anything at my home page location.

Anyone using NTL webspace able to help?

slowhand_1000 13:39 04 Feb 04

I use my freespace now and again with ntl without any hassle.

When did you put the pages onto their server? I was told by one of their helpline people that it can take upto 24 hours to come online. It was not always the case but I did find that at times it seemed to take forever to update/upload pages.

Talented Monkey 13:46 04 Feb 04

I see somthing wrong with your Address. you will not get any page found if you type in w w w.homepage.ntlworld. com drop the ww w part just have HT TP://Homepage.ntlworld.com/your page

Ive tried this with other sites hosted with NTLworld and this seems to be problem. i am also withNTL but sadly do not yet use the free webspace. if this isnt the problem please get back!

slowhand_1000 14:21 04 Feb 04

Well spotted Talented Monkey. I have just checked mine and that's http//myname etc not click here etc

georgemac 14:51 04 Feb 04

am uploading files again and will try that address and let you know how I get on.

georgemac 15:20 04 Feb 04

the Monkey is indeed Talented, thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…