NTL Freedom dialler problem

Nick1 19:20 08 Nov 03

The dialer that ntl insisted that I download worked fine for a fortnight and now tells me: "Unable to find any numbers for service".

Has anyone any ideas?

Nick

Greenfingers 19:35 08 Nov 03

I know of two others who have recently loaded freeserve onto their systems because of continual problems with NTL!

woodchip 19:37 08 Nov 03

I rang NTL and they said to leave it when the BT message came over and NTL will keep trying different numbers until it finds a number that you can connect to. I have removed the Dial-Up software from Add Remove and just use the number 147008089909877 all in one box and do occasionally get what you get but not often. if you use there number you should not click the cancel button if it does not connect first time but let the software do its job. But I stopped it as it kept hijacking my Webb page as and when it wanted to

woodchip 19:41 08 Nov 03

PS and the final straw was that it replaced the Dial-Up icon in the system tray with a NTL thing that was rubbish

Nick1 22:18 08 Nov 03

Woodchip, do you connect your modem through the little white box on the wall or straight through to the BT connection when using the number 147008089909877?

I have tried this number through the little white box and get a voice mesage from BT saying: "The number you have dialled has not been recognised"

Nick

woodchip 22:23 08 Nov 03

No it will not work through the box it as always got to be direct to the Telephone socket the box is only for Phone, so you should have a splitter socket, one of those cheap one from pound land

TBH1 01:02 09 Nov 03

I beg to differ here - - - I use dialler and modem is connected via ntl smart-box

Nick1 12:09 09 Nov 03

In the days of yore (before the new dialler came out) I used to use the smart box on the old number. I have tried both ways on 147008089909877. It didn't work at all last night but it works without the box this morning but not with.

Connecting to NTL is becoming an experimental science!

Nick

I suppose that this matter is now resolved since I am now connecting to NTL again. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…