NTL Email Warning.

Talented Monkey 14:16 17 Mar 04

I thought i would warn all NTLworld users that about an email that appears to have come from NTWorld, which is not. It contains an attachment which is a virus. If you have received one you have been warned. DO NOT OPEN ATTACHMENT!

Message as follows:

Dear user of Ntlworld.com,
Your e-mail account has been temporary disabled because of unauthorized access.
Pay attention on attached file.
In order to read the attach you have to use the following password: 13738.
Have a good day,
The Ntlworld.com team

Obviously the attached file is a virus, do not attempt to open this file. I already had a friend phone up to say they had one sent to them and rather stupidly have actually opened it up.

If your ISP wants to contact you over anything like email abuse they will just tell you in normal text message, they will not send you any attached emails. If you do have a doubt about any emails you send with attachments, then email or phone the sender to verify it came from them.

hugh-265156 16:56 17 Mar 04
  Wrighty 17:59 17 Mar 04

I have just had a similar E-mail warning from NTLWORLD.COM TEAM, different password but again has attachment which will contain a virus.

Be careful.

Wrighty

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…