NTL EMAIL Problems

Switcher 19:45 14 Jul 05

I have a friend with whom I exchange usually one email a day. She is on NTL broadband I am on onetel broadband. In the last week or so more than half of my emails to her and vice-versa have just not arrived. We are both in the Glasgow area.

Does anyone know of problems with NTL email.

VoG II 19:48 14 Jul 05

Looks like there are click here

VoG II 19:49 14 Jul 05

'As part of the ongoing project to maintain and upgrade our Broadband network, there is a requirement to carry out maintenance and upgrades on components which may result in a loss of service for the duration of the work. The following work will be taking place during the week commencing Monday July 11th:

On the Morning of Tuesday the 12th July between midnight and 6am, the following work will take place:

Ntlworld customers may be unable to send or receive email, this is due to essential maintenance to the mail platform, any e-mail sent to customer accounts during this time will be available for collection after 6am.

We thank you for your understanding and apologise for any inconvenience these planned works may cause.'

Switcher 20:39 14 Jul 05

Thanks VOG

That does explain some of it but this has lasted for quite a while. I am certainly trying to persuade my friend to ditch NTL we have very often had problems and it is alwys the NTL end

Danoh 21:01 14 Jul 05

I'd hoped to alert others with my posting click here

If your friend only relies on an NTL email address, I have found that NTL gives a paltry amount of email storage space (a ridiculous 10 Mb the last time I checked).

So if you send emails with large attachments and your friend does not download them fast enough, her email space gets used up very quickly.

I have always had occasional issues with getting NTL emails for 2 years or more.

So I've piggy-backed on NTL to use other services from Yahoo or Google Mail, etc., instead. They also provide 1 - 2 Gb of email storage space.

Your friend can do the same and use Outlook or Outlook Express to download Yahoo emails onto her PC and only use NTL as a pure internet and email conduit. That method has served me extremely well for years now.

Switcher 00:48 15 Jul 05

Tnks for that Danoh

She does use outlook express to collect the emails after using Mailwasher to block and delete spam. She has of course made sure that I am not on her blocked list.

Personally I think that NTL is quite poor with regard to the number of emails which go adrift.

Thanks to all for your help

Andybear 06:11 15 Jul 05

I've been on NTL broadband for two years and have never known emails to go adrift.

podlod 10:45 15 Jul 05

Hi Switcher, Dont talk to me about NTL, I have been there and worn the teeshirt. Some of my family are with NTL and I can get emails to everbody except them on NTL, but if you do find out the answer please let me know.Look on my postings for many replies by people like us who have the same problem !! Bryan

Danoh 20:41 06 Dec 05

Any one else experienced problems trying to download NTL emails as well as other POP3 email accounts tonight?

lixdexik 21:01 06 Dec 05

has been down for nearly two days for me. I think it a nation wide problem for telewest at the moment.

Any other telewest customers out there with an Email problem. I can't get logged on.

Cheers Lixdexik

VoG II 21:03 06 Dec 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…