NTL dial up e-mail problem

ray27 10:17 22 Jun 03

I am using OutlookExpress on Windows XP Home and I am having problems receiving NTL flat rate dial up e-mail.
When I go to the inbox I get the authorising notification in the status bar but after that it hangs on that and the box pops up stating that my POP3 MAIL PROVIDER IS NOT RESPONDING WAIT OR STOP etc.

I click on the wait and after three or four times it may then proceeded to checking mail and receiving mail or inform me that there are no new messages.

I know there are messages waiting as I have sent them to myself.

It appears to store up the messages and then release them after two or three days.

This has been going on for about three weeks and NTL say that there was a problem but now they say it has been corrected but I am still getting the same problem.

I have since signed up with MSN and have no problem with their e-mail but I would like to know if anybody else is suffering from the same sort of problem so that I can take it further

Pusherman 10:46 22 Jun 03

I use NTL (£10 a month for the 0800 dial-up) and I am having now problems at all. Are you using pop.ntlworld.com for your incoming mail and smtp.ntlworld.com for outgoing? I am and as I said, I'm having no trouble at all.

I realise that's not much help but I thought I'd let you know :0)

Pusherman

Nellie2 11:22 22 Jun 03

Have you actually tried accessing your web mail on line? I had a problem yesterday and I couldn't even get into my on line mail box. There is an issue see click here but unfortunately the link for updates to the problem doesn't work!! Why am I not surprised.

BTW..... my mail is ok now

ray27 12:10 22 Jun 03

everything is set up ok and until three weeks ago I had no problems .
I have just come back on line to check for responses to my posting and it has been stuck on the authorising bit for about 20 mins and is still like this now

jon2 12:11 22 Jun 03

ntl have been haveing trouble with email servers but I do think that they have cleared that up now

ray27 14:09 22 Jun 03

Thanks everyone for your suggestions

It?s still not receiving mail.

I created another account using the details provided by NTL and tried that but it still performs the same way

I have an account with MSN but that is set up in MSN Explorer and not Outlook Express and that works fine.

If I could set up the MSN account to work in outlook express then that will tell me if it is NTL or Outlook but unfortunately I don?t have the popmail or smpt info.

Has anyone got this?
Cheers

ray27 18:56 22 Jun 03

I will post another thread as this one has changed the outcome

accord 22:46 22 Jun 03

ray27

Im on NTL BB and my email account was playing up for about 3 weeks until i phoned tech Support and the guy changed my email server. its been fine since.

give them a call and get them to do the same for you. apparently there is one email server which they are/were having problems with.

ray27 15:27 23 Jun 03

Thanks for the tip I did as you sugested and they seem to have fixed the problem (fingers crossed )
Many thanks once again for the help
Ray

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…