NTL Connection problems

doctor-al 21:29 10 May 03

sister-in-law buys cheap pc for kids then decides she wants internet but no modem. has one installed.Intel (R) ham 5628 v.92. Everything working. She puts in an ntl world disc and loads up. When she clicks connect icon, connection wizard pops up asking her to start install??? Click on ntl homepage icon and up pops usual dial-up window, click dial,usual beeps and burbles,message comes up connected to remote verifying user etc then immediately goes to failed to connect unable to establish connection??? Any ideas whats happening folks. I,m not too great on computers myself but i,m trying to help her.

The PC Doctor 21:37 10 May 03

Forget the NTL Disc - causes more problems than enough.

click here for all the dial up settings.

If still not sure click here and go to the 'Setting up NTL connections'

I would suggest that as the modem can dial and get a response from the server, all your modem drivers are installed correctly. This seems to me to be just a settings problem...

albert108 21:38 10 May 03

If you know how to set up manually through the Dial up networking wizard that is the better option, for the settings : click here

The PC Doctor 21:43 10 May 03

snap.....

woodchip 22:08 10 May 03

If its a Dial-up account disc it will not work with your computer as these have there own code. For creating Account

doctor-al 22:13 10 May 03

I,ll drop in tomorrow and let you know if you,ve cured the sister-in-laws problem for me.Goodnight,sleep tight and dont let the computer bugs byte

doctor-al 16:28 11 May 03

Just in case your still checking guys.Thanks for the advice but we still had problems.Spoke to three people on NTL helpline,first one had me all round the houses,second one had me delete just about everything and number three makes it easy.No matter how much advice i had today i couldnt make connection to register because the reg server is down and they were trying to re-boot it.Once again thanks for all the help.

woodchip 16:49 11 May 03

If someone as already used the CD to register, I do not think it will allow you to use the same reg code. It goes with the account

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…