NTL cable running 2 PC's on BB

Magik ®© 15:11 15 May 05

hi, my son has NTL cable broadband, can he get another PC to run on it, if so, is it easy and how would he go about it ?

microswift 15:51 15 May 05

He could connect the pc's using a hub or router and ethernet cable or he could connect them using just ethernet crossover cable, I think they can also be connected via usb cable, ntl allows up to three devices to be connected to one broadband modem outlet.

SEASHANTY 15:57 15 May 05

I have three PC's connected to NTL 2M BB using the four port with switch Linksys router. BEFSR41.
This is a cable BB router which is a wired router and the connections are via ethernet to three of the routers ports.
click here

Magik ®© 15:59 15 May 05

thank you both very much, i will now pass it onto him......thanks again

SEASHANTY 16:00 15 May 05

Answers to queries on the education page
click here

pj123 16:04 15 May 05

I have just connected a friends two computers using a Belkin wireless router (not feasible to use cable as the two computers are in different rooms and would need a lot of cabling and outside wall drilling). Works perfect. Don't forget though the main computer has to be up and running otherwise the second one can't access, but both computers can access the internet at the same time.

SEASHANTY 14:43 16 May 05

Using a router each machine should be able to access the net independently. There is no need to have the main pc switched on. The router connects to the modem and out to the net. Each pc is connected to the router separately.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…