NTL Cable Broadband Wireless Connection

mikeydarcy 22:08 01 Jan 06

I currently access the internet via NTL broadband using the "blue" ethernet cable.
I now want the freedom of a wireless connection.
Father Xmas has bought me a BT Voyager 2110 Wireless Broadband ADSL Router and BT Voyager 1060 Wireless Adaptor.

From looking at other items on the forums, and trying to set up this kit, I have learned that this kit does not work.

Is there any way I can get this kit to work ?

Or am I better changing this kit for a standalone Cable / DSL routers and adaptor (old laptop) ?

Please advise.

If I need to buy new kit, any recommendations would be most appreciated.

Many thanks.

mgmcc 00:02 02 Jan 06

You cannot use a combined "Router & ADSL Modem" with NTL's Cable Broadband service - you do need a Wireless Cable/DSL Router.

Models from any of the mainstream providers - Belkin, Linksys, Netgear, D-Link etc should be fine.

I use a Buffalo model with Telewest Cable - click here - in conjunction with a Belkin PCMCIA WiFi adapter in the laptop and a Belkin USB WiFi adapter I can swap about as required.

mikeydarcy 17:27 02 Jan 06

MGMCC
Just a quick note of thanks for the advice.
I will swap the BT gear and go for the equipment recommended.
Once again, many thanks.

Michael D.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…