ntl broadband/CorrectConnect

Chris the Ancient 18:11 30 Jan 03

When I got all the stuff to install my broadband connection on ntl, it loaded what I thought would be a useful program called CorrectConnect.

However, I have found this application to be a pain in the b*m in that it keeps giving duff gen and all sorts of peculiar results.

Consequently, I've disabled and removed it. So far, I haven't noticed any problems in my b/b connection (if anything, perhaps, its' slightly faster!.

Is it safe/sensible to leave out CorrectConnect? Will life still be fine without it?

TIA

Chris

obbit 18:14 30 Jan 03

Hi Chris the Ancient yes perfectly ok with out it

Chris the Ancient 18:18 30 Jan 03

Thanks a lot. Put my mind at rest.

But what took you so long? ;-)

Chris

Pesala 18:18 30 Jan 03

I heard that Correct Connect doesn't actually connect you to the Internet. It just monitors the connection to see if you are. As you discovered, you don't need it.

I would suggest keeping it installed, but removing it from the startup group. If you do later find that you need it, you can run it from the Program menu.

I use it, but it doesn't seem to do anything useful. If my connection goes down, pressing refresh does not nothing. Unplugging the modem power suppy and plugging it in again re-established the link OK, whether I press refresh or not. Reconnection seems marginally quicker if I press refresh, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Pesala 18:19 30 Jan 03

As you can see, I am still connected.

Chris the Ancient 18:19 30 Jan 03

So, you found it as useful as I did!

Chris

Pesala 18:20 30 Jan 03

I wonder what the faster ever recorded response is on this forum?

Pesala 18:21 30 Jan 03

I know you are ancient, but you should have responded by now.

Pesala 18:22 30 Jan 03

Our posts crossed in cyberspace

Chris the Ancient 18:24 30 Jan 03

Sorry, I was busy starting another thread!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…