NTL BROADBAND WHICH SPYWARE TO USE

Wrighty 00:51 23 Oct 04

hi there,

Which free spyware/adware is best for NTL broadband please. i have installed Ad-Aware Se but I wanted a programme that would inform me of intruders ? before they were listed on PC scan.

Thanks

Wrighty

CurlyWhirly 01:31 23 Oct 04

Have you tried Spybot to get rid of spyware?
Also to stop Spyware getting on your PC in the first place try SpywareBlaster.

Wrighty 15:09 23 Oct 04

Hi there,

thanks for your response. I will give it a go.

Cheers

rômanab 15:40 23 Oct 04

This might be for you click here

rômanab 15:41 23 Oct 04

Oops, meant to say it's not free though.

CurlyWhirly 20:21 23 Oct 04

I am running 'Ad-Aware Personal Build 1.05' and my version was FREE but unfortunately I can't remember where I got it from!

CurlyWhirly 20:24 23 Oct 04

Just found the FREEWARE version of Ad-Aware click here

rômanab 22:46 23 Oct 04

Thanks but I already have the free one. I was refering to 'adwatch' which is only on the paid for versions...........

Real-time Protection with Ad-Watch
Ad-Watch is the real time monitor included in the Ad-Aware SE Plus and Professional Editions. Ad-Watch goes beyond what other security suites offer by adding another layer of protection to your system proactively. It runs silently in the background, watching for Malware/parasites that try to install on or modify your system.

While Ad-Aware SE detects and cleans your system from known Malware and advertising parasites, Ad-Watch goes even further by catching these programs before they can integrate into your system.

You can lock the startup sections of your registry, block possible and actual browser hijack attempts, block suspicious processes, lock executable file associations, block malicious cookies, block pop-ups, and uses the all new CSI technology to protect you from unknown variants as well.

The new version of Ad-Watch includes a new site manager where you can edit the included pop-up blacklist. It also includes a new rule editor that allows you to configure Ad-Watch to pre-allow changes to the registry.

...taken from Lavasoft website.

CurlyWhirly 23:10 23 Oct 04

I see your point on Ad-watch but doesn't SpywareBlaster do a similar thing i.e. it stops spyware getting on your PC in the first place?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…