//some 3rd party need geo

ntl broadband sharing via network...(I NEED HELP)

Chris..b 19:13 13 Mar 03

I need help quick...Ive just brought th actiontec wireless cable router kit designed for ntl.
It got all the equipment i need but i cannot get it to work.

The main computer runs on 98se and the laptop is on XP. The 98 computer already has ntl broadband connected via USB....but when i tried to configure and install the router the connection stops working.

It would be great it any one who has brought this kit could help me with a complete set up guide

Bebee 19:37 14 Mar 03

I've tried three times to reply to this - hope it workd this time. Your post suggests you still have the connection via the USB on the 98 machine. The idea of the router would be to route the connection to both machines. My setup is to connect the cable modem to the router and then connect the router to both machines. This can be by cable (needs a network card) or via wireless cards (I fitted a wireless card into my desktop).
If you keep the connection on one machine you set up the router as a Wireless Access Point (mine has this option) and use ICS. This means the PC with the connection needs to be on to connect and rather defeats the idea of a router. I think there can be problems between 98 and XP with this setup.
The only ISP setting you need on the router interface is to set the host name as 'ntlworld' - I had to guess this bit. Good luck. With more details I might be able to make more suggestions

Bebee

recap 19:47 14 Mar 03

If the above post doesn't do it for you chric..b click here it may have some more guidance for you.

jazzypop 19:54 14 Mar 03

According to the thread at click here , he has worked it out for himself.

Hopefully, he will remember to tick this soon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…