NTL Broadband running sloooow

Legolas 19:04 15 Nov 06

I am on Ntl 4MB broadband. Last night and this evening it has been running very slow and intermittingly not at all. Anyone else on Ntl having the same problem? I have ran AVG to check for nasties but it found nothing.

VoG II 19:06 15 Nov 06

Maintenance? click here

Legolas 19:13 15 Nov 06

I did look on the Ntl site but according to them the maintenance is taking place early in the morning. I can only suppose that it overspilling to other times.

birdface 19:17 15 Nov 06

Try turning your modem of for 10 seconds, Then switch back on again,And leave for 2 minutes, See if that helps.If you are still on IE6 Turn on your broadband medic, That should sort it out for you,Broadband Medic does not work on IE7.

birdface 19:29 15 Nov 06

If that dont work, Try,Control Panel,Network Connections, Right click Local Area connection.[or whatever connection you have]Click Repair,Let me know if any faults Show., If that is clear and you are on IE7, Try Tools, Diagnose connection problems,See if that comes up clear.

Legolas 19:44 15 Nov 06

Tried medic and repair all was clear. The connection is working just slowly. I think it is the maintenance that is causing it.

Legolas 19:49 15 Nov 06

Seems to be back to almost full speed

birdface 19:51 15 Nov 06

If its still not right by end of week Phone them, If you have ntl phone as well .just dial 151. Bye the way if Avg Is the only Anti-virus or spyware programs you have, I would get a few more.

Legolas 19:58 15 Nov 06

Thanks for all the replies and help. It is zipping along so all seems well. As said I think it was the maintenance being carried out by Ntl as VoG™ said.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…