NTL BROADBAND, OPINIONS PLEASE!

meatlaff2 14:46 18 Oct 03

Hi all.
I've just recieved an offer thru post from NTL offering broadband 150k for £17.99 per month +free installation+free modem+1st month free. Is anyone on same package and is it any good?
I'm currently on a BT phone line and Freeserve anytime @ £14.99 per month. Never had any probs at all with Freeserve, but it does tie up the phone line when teenage son is online. Just want to know opinions about above NTL basic package b4 I make a move.
PS; I don't want NTL's phone line, just the Broadband package.
Cheers

Smiler 15:03 18 Oct 03

I've got the 600k package for £24.99 had it for 6 months no probs. My brother had the £17.99 package 3 weeks ago and is very satisfied with it. Go here click here? and have a read it could put you off for life though but also it's a lot of help in a crisis. Good luck

hugh-265156 15:04 18 Oct 03

i had the ntl 128k service for a few months and found it quite zippy,no complaints.now on the 600k service and have been for this past year.excellent!

rioboy 15:08 18 Oct 03

Had the 600 broadband package (not telephone) for 9 months now. Very happy, no complaints.

Kegsy 15:21 18 Oct 03

See this recent thread click here

keith-236785 15:24 18 Oct 03

Im on the 150k NTL Broadband and achieve download speeds of about 17kb/s, i used to get about 3.5 to 4kb/s on dial up so there are no complaints from me.

i don't think you will have any trouble with NTL, although they have introduced a 1Gig per day limit, that won't bother many people though, certainly doesn't bother me.

and you can upgrade anytime you want over the internet, you won't even need a new modem.

good luck

SEASHANTY 15:51 18 Oct 03

Using the 600k BB package for the past year. Excellent - no complaints. However, if NTL decide to up the price from £24-99 monthly then I may decide to drop down to 150k.

fuzzbug 15:55 18 Oct 03

Don't touch NTL with the proverbial is my advice.
I have been using the basic package (now 150k) since it became available in Watford about 15 months ago. At first service was excellent but it has steadily deteriorated.
I currently fail to get an internet connection about 1 time in 5 on weekdays and 1 in 3 at weekends and evenings.
Even when I get an internet connection I cannot always connect to the POP server. Connecting to the POP server often takes 3 or 4 minutes (punctuated by OE expressing its surprise that I am using such a poor POP service), and sometimes the POP server drops the connection mid-download.
So I am currently researching DSL suppliers.
Nevertheless, the worst thing about NTL is the "customer service". They have one of the worst automatic answering services you will encounter.If you ever get to speak to an engineer they are pretty good, but it can take an hour or two to get through to one. Everyone else at NTL has been trained in "PR" and nothing else.
Incidently, NTLs telephone and digital television services are pretty awful too.

meatlaff2 16:16 18 Oct 03

Thanks everyone it sounds ok.
Fuzzbug, are you on dial up or broadband? I've been with Freeserve Anytime (dial up) for last 3 years and have never had to ring them with any probs except when I first signed up,when I lost my User name.

hugh-265156 16:25 18 Oct 03

a good source of info click here to get the best out of it.

suzie005 16:27 18 Oct 03

if u want mail 24/7 then don't bother.

click here

u can start at the very beginning IF u want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…