NTL Broadband installation problems

Kernel 17:46 01 May 04

My daughter is attempting to install NTL broadband and after many attempts we now get a message as soon as the CD is inserted to the effect that NTL has caused a fault in IDAPI.DLL.Nothing we can do can progress beyond this.
NTL are no help in this and recommend a Google search but that all seems to relate to problems in some depth. Can anyone help???

GermfreeUnicycle 17:50 01 May 04

We had this as well with our broadband connection. Apparently it is quite common. I think if you trawl the internet you may be able to find a fix. We fixed our problem by using our friends installation CD which was a slightly different version, and so it worked perfectly.

GermfreeUnicycle 17:51 01 May 04

also, note that if you have a router this will do it for you and you don't actually need to install the software.

Chris

Valvegrid 17:55 01 May 04

I did have a look for the dll file as well, sorry, no go. You don't need the installer to register on NTL, this site tells you how:

click here

radi8or 19:06 01 May 04

Kernal,

Do you mean DIRAPI.DLL if so this is something to do with Macromedia which you need to run the animation on the CD.

Are you connecting thro a PACE set top box or a cable modem ?

Regards Bob

cdb 19:33 01 May 04

Follow Valvegrid's link. I installed NTL broadband for a neighbour. I had to do it manually as the cd kept throwing up an error message. I got there in the end, everything was in that link. (I think)

Kernel 17:39 07 May 04

Thanks everyone, logged on manually following your advice - brilliant as usual!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…