NTL Broadband installation problems

Kernel 17:46 01 May 04

My daughter is attempting to install NTL broadband and after many attempts we now get a message as soon as the CD is inserted to the effect that NTL has caused a fault in IDAPI.DLL.Nothing we can do can progress beyond this.
NTL are no help in this and recommend a Google search but that all seems to relate to problems in some depth. Can anyone help???

GermfreeUnicycle 17:50 01 May 04

We had this as well with our broadband connection. Apparently it is quite common. I think if you trawl the internet you may be able to find a fix. We fixed our problem by using our friends installation CD which was a slightly different version, and so it worked perfectly.

GermfreeUnicycle 17:51 01 May 04

also, note that if you have a router this will do it for you and you don't actually need to install the software.

Chris

Valvegrid 17:55 01 May 04

I did have a look for the dll file as well, sorry, no go. You don't need the installer to register on NTL, this site tells you how:

click here

radi8or 19:06 01 May 04

Kernal,

Do you mean DIRAPI.DLL if so this is something to do with Macromedia which you need to run the animation on the CD.

Are you connecting thro a PACE set top box or a cable modem ?

Regards Bob

cdb 19:33 01 May 04

Follow Valvegrid's link. I installed NTL broadband for a neighbour. I had to do it manually as the cd kept throwing up an error message. I got there in the end, everything was in that link. (I think)

Kernel 17:39 07 May 04

Thanks everyone, logged on manually following your advice - brilliant as usual!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac