NTL Broadband Installation

Chirag 19:37 09 Jun 04

I had got NTL Broadband installad on my computer by wires etc... But I had to install it by using the cd as well, after i followed the onscreen instructions it came to the authorisation part, where i entered all the necessary things, and then it said checking with server, then it said authentication error, so I phoned NTL, and they told me that my broabband connection is not activated there yet so wait until tommorow, now the problem is b4 foning ntl i closed the ntl installation it said closing and it closed I opened it again to try again, but it would say the same thing so when i click retry nothing happened, then i closed it with Task Manager, and when i opened it again it started from the authentication screen saying with another little window Closing and it stays there forever, I tried restarting, but it comes like that everytime now plz help, i m very fustrated!

Smiler 19:41 09 Jun 04

You could ask here click here

AndySD 19:51 09 Jun 04
  monkon2 23:21 09 Jun 04

im also on ntl broad band, and i have to say, u are not the only one who ahd trouble with the install cd. my experience was to just plod on with the help of technical support until it was sorted. the only bit of hope i can say is this, once ctivated, if u ever have to reformat or get a new pc, dont worry about the install disc, just connect up the modem to your pc and let the hardware wizard find the drivers on the cd, works fine without correct connect or any other stuff, just needs the drivers (obviously!)

monkon2

hugh-265156 23:56 09 Jun 04

sometimes the activation servers are down and its just a case of waiting.

did an engineer not install it for you?

when i first got ntl bb the engineer hooked up everything for me and walked me through the activation process.

i had an error similar to yours and the engineer made a quick call and explained there was problems with the server and told me to leave the computer on the activation screen.

an hour later it went through ok.

click on AndySD`s link and leave it for a while maybe.

Chirag 20:59 11 Jun 04

I installed the NTL connection through the cable modem via internet

It's great, but one problem, when i go to network connections, it is blank I want the little internet icon to appear on the quick launch bar, any help wud be appreciated!

VoG II 21:02 11 Jun 04

Start, Control Panel, Network Connections, Right click the connection, select Properties. Tick "Show icon in notification area when connected".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant