NTL Broadband install error. VRtruck.exe problems

pinka 12:15 15 Mar 04

HI,
I just upgraded my processor and motherboard. Now when i install the modem, upon the minimum system recquirements check the application is forced to close, i sent the error report but couldnt pull anything up from it, the error was caused by file VRtruck.exe, now every time i reboot this program tries to start again, if i insert the cd it crashes the program if i just click close it ends, but its very annoying to do this every time my pc starts.

old system : amd xp2400+, ECS K7S5A
new : Pentium 4 3ghz ht, ASUS P4P800s

the rest is all the same, anyone any ideas? i will be getting on to NTL about the software supplied but id love to stop it kicking in at the beginning.
thx in advance

anon1 14:19 15 Mar 04

Sadly it is not ntls fault. You will no doubt have to reinstall windows to overcome this problem. I installed ntl for a friend a while ago and they had the same problem. NTL tech although reasonably good will not be able to help you. Your windows installion needs reinstalling then you will be able to install the ntl software.

SEASHANTY 14:46 15 Mar 04

Virtual Truck issue see Robin Walkers website (NTL engineer)
click here

pinka 14:48 15 Mar 04

what i want is to stop the 'insert cd to find file VRtruck.exe' pop up when i log on, i have installed the modem drivers and set up the email account manually and all is working well, just that annoying popup when windows starts.

pinka 14:51 15 Mar 04

thanks but unfortunately no joy, could not find the file in win.ini do not know if this has anything to do with my os being xp pro.

SEASHANTY 19:53 15 Mar 04

There is a note in NTL help about windows XP. I note that you say you have just updated your processor and motherboard
click here

pinka 12:22 19 Mar 04

To get round this, you will have to install your modem and set up your email manually, then goto the start up folder and delete the vtboot file, the start - run - regedit
then search for all instances of vtruck2.exe and delete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…