NTL Broadband - Ebay problems

kjrider 23:12 21 Jan 06

Is anyone else having trouble with NTL broadband nd ebay? When I try and access ebay pages I just get garbage on the screen.

Its the same on all my PCs, but it is all fine on a dial up connection.

SG Atlantis® 23:37 21 Jan 06

works fine for me.

clear your temp files and hitsory.

SG Atlantis® 23:38 21 Jan 06

*history

kjrider 23:44 21 Jan 06

It is the same on all 3 PCs on Broadband.

Dial up works fine. Clearing temp files and history does not do anything.

kjrider 23:47 21 Jan 06

It is the same on all 3 PCs on Broadband.

Dial up works fine. Clearing temp files and history does not do anything.

mgmcc 08:37 22 Jan 06

Are you using a router? If so, see if there is a setting for the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) and, for Cable, set its value to 1500. An incorrect MTU setting can cause problems, particularly with "secure" HTTPS web pages.

kjrider 22:17 22 Jan 06

Hi mgmcc - have looked at router, but can't find any MTU settings anywhere to alter. Its a Netgear MR814 router.

Have tried with Linux and has same result. Either get a page of garbage or says its trying to download a dll file - ebayisAPL.dll .

beynac 23:08 22 Jan 06

This is being discussed on ntl:hell forum.
click here

zincy 23:56 22 Jan 06

I have had this problem with TESCO broadband too. Upon further investigation I found this seems to be a problem wit NTL and tesco found on ebay forums

beynac 07:52 23 Jan 06

I think you'll find that ntl run Tesco's broadband service.

Andsome 08:40 23 Jan 06

NTL broadband with me, and NO problems whatsoever. The only problem that is always there is that Adaware updates will not download on the day they are issued, even manually. I have to wait a day.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…