NTL Broadband (dial up) connection

delabur 14:50 22 Dec 04

Since September 2004 I have had a broadband connection via NTL Freedom. From the start I had problems with the connection in that it would not initialize for anything from one to twelve hours. By November everything settled down somewhat in that connection could be made reasonably quickly each morning and would remain connected until about 4pm when it disconnects. Having had many telephone conversations with the NTL Technical people, I was informed that a better connection could not be made and this was probably caused through the number of people using broadband in my area. Some days, having been disconnected around 4pm, connection would be re-established after a few minutes. Recently however, re-connection has not occurred on Fridays through ‘til Tuesday. Is this a general problem, or can anyone tell me as to why this should happen?

TomJerry 14:56 22 Dec 04

normaly many people use will slow down because bandwidth is shared. It will only disconnct when the user number more than NTL's server can handling, in this case they are unable to provide you service, therefore they should give you money back.

as an example, BT will refund line rent plus some extra if phoneline was out of action for a few days, of course you can only get it when you ask for it

delabur 14:50 05 Feb 05

connection is now more reliable - at least for the past ten days - in that it reconnects almost immediately. Ntl gave me a free month subscription for the trouble it caused. Today I have been informed that the package is being reduced by £6 a month for everyone!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…