//some 3rd party need geo

NTL Broadband ?? +card

WallyD 14:38 06 Jun 05

Just had NTL Broadband installed and although I log on ok I get disconnected after 5 -10 -15 minutes.
My connection is WIN ME -USB1 and I,ve read somewhere that a internet card would probably solve this problem ??? What card and software would be required and any comments about this drop out (disconnection) would be appreciated.
many thanks
ps : I,m moving from one site to another sometimes before the first has downloaded as it might be too slow.would this contribute to my trouble but it didn,t in dialup

Dipso 14:52 06 Jun 05

I recently set someone up on NTL who was also running ME. I bought this network card/ethernet card for them click here You just need to install it into a free PCI slot inside your PC, very easy to do, then all you have to do is install the drivers, also very easy.

Shop around though, Scan charge a lot for postage.

Using a USB connection rather than ethernet may not be the cause of your dropouts but ethernet is less of a resource drain on your PC as it is made for networking.

Dipso 14:55 06 Jun 05

Your moving from one site to another will not be the cause of your dropped connection.

Dipso 14:58 06 Jun 05

Sorry, I should have said, you just need an ethernet/network card "like" that, not that you should buy that one, although D-Link are OK, I have bought a few of these and they work well.

WallyD 15:10 06 Jun 05

Thanks Dipso
I nipped downstairs for a cuppa after I,d sent the Question and coming back and reading your answer I realised its the longest I,ve managed to stay on the net.
Thanks for you time--appreciated

Alan H E 15:11 06 Jun 05

Are you connected through set top box? Do you have Broadband Medic & does this come up with anything? Also check on home page of NTL & see if any local connection difficulties.

SEASHANTY 16:22 06 Jun 05

Something for you to read
click here
Also a lot of info on Robin Walkers website
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…