NTL Broadband

Chaz2003 19:11 07 Jan 03
  Chaz2003 19:11 07 Jan 03

I Have NTl brodband £25 one and it is slow sometimes then quick is this because of the amount of people on the ibternet with brodband because i thought it was the same speed all the time.

VoG™ 19:14 07 Jan 03

Why not try a speed test click here

Just because you have a fast connection doesn't mean that some sites won't be slow to load.

billyliv 20:36 07 Jan 03

Hi, NTL tell you that when traffic is heavy performance can be affected. I have been with NTL Broadband (£25) for over a year now and wouldn't change it for the world. I will suffer the highs and lows for a superior service. cheers, Bill

hugh-265156 00:11 08 Jan 03

i have been using NTLs 600k service for a few months now.no problems at all.as VOG said some sites are just slow.try a few sites at different times of the day.or you could try tis registry edit to speed up browsing.i noticed a big difference.HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\internetsettings find "MaxcConnectionsPer1_0Server" default setting should be "4" TRY SETTING TO "8" now find "MaxConnectionsPerServer" default setting is "2" try "4" you should notice a difference.dont be afraid to experiment with different values and see what works best for you.some people go as high as "20".goes without saying backup first.happy surfin!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…