NTL Broadband on 2 Networked pcs

Roadgiant 21:46 22 Mar 03

I am currently running two pcs on a home network connecting via a x-over cable between network cards and both accessing Bt Internet via ICS on the modem in one of the pcs.
I am thinking of switching to NTL broadband 128k(budget wont allow faster at moment!) I believe the connection is via usb which is allready on the main pc.
Can anybody tell me will I have any problems if I switch or because I allready have the pcs networked will this setup work ok?
Checking on the NTL site it just redirects you to a Lynksys site wher it goes on about routers etc which is a path I don't really want to go down.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Legolas 22:29 22 Mar 03

I am running a network between two computers the host running XP and the client running ME using xover cable and an NTL cable modem and it is no problem I share printer,files and Internet.

You do not need a hub or router unless you want to be able to connect to the Internet from your client machine when your host machine is switched off if not the connection from one network card to the other using the xover cable is all you need.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…