NTL Broadband

ReyesKing 19:14 17 Nov 04

The speed always varies. I have the 17.99 a month package and its always varying in speed, what can i do to get it faster!!?

Sealer 19:23 17 Nov 04

Hi: I too have NTL BB. My speed also varies and I pay 24.99. I think all connections vary all the time, So if you want to speed-up you could always upgrade!

Gaz 25 19:34 17 Nov 04

it can vary!

It's probably down to the 1:50 contention ratio which means 50 persons to 1 server or connection.

If you want faster upgrade your package, to a business class conection with 20:1,

Chris..b 19:41 17 Nov 04

According to sources this will happen...

"Cable operator ntl today confirmed plans to massively increase downstream speeds on its residential broadband services without increasing the monthly subscription charge.

The speed increase will result in the operator's entry-level broadband service going from 300kbps downstream to 1Mbps. This effective redefinition of the term "entry-level" could shakeup the entire residential broadband sector, with some industry analysts indicating that DSL providers may have to implement similar speed changes.

The new speeds will go into effect during the first quarter of 2005. In addition to the entry-level increase, the operator's 750kbps service will now be 2Mbps, while the current 1Mbps service will become 3Mbps downstream. Existing customers will however have to pay a £25 one-off admin charge to upgrade to the new speeds"

This was from digitalspy website....but ive read it in mags and it seems to be true

ReyesKing 19:45 17 Nov 04

wow thats amazing news- thanks chris b lol my friend is called that aswell.

ReyesKing 19:46 17 Nov 04

ReyesKing 19:46 17 Nov 04

accord 21:24 17 Nov 04

this has been on another thread but still no announcement on the ntl website click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…