ntl broad band plus

maund 19:46 30 Dec 03

Hello,

I've just signed up for ntl's 600k broadband service. I registered for broadband plus and have been trying to access the old world cup footage. It trys to sign me in, however I get the following message: If you have a personal firewall installed, please ensure the internet privacy option is disabled. Having it enabled my prevent you from seeing this site. I have Norton personal firewall 2003 installed, is it wise to disable what they are asking and if so can anyone tell me how to do it.

regards

David.

SEASHANTY 20:16 30 Dec 03

It probably wants to drop a heap of tracking cookies on your PC and your firewall is preventing this. I also have NTL 600k BB but not registered for BB Plus. Not at £3-99 per month extra. Here use the
Ontrack Firewall not Norton so unfamiliar with the options the latter gives you. However - I would not disable it. It will have an option to allow you to adjust the settings for some websites to allow these cookies to be landed on you. Personally I always click on "Block cookie" when my firewall puts up the window on a website. Choice is yours.

maund 08:23 31 Dec 03

Just info, the first 3 months are free, so I thought why not. I certainly won't be signing up after this period. Thanks for the reply though.

Dave.

bananaslik 09:25 31 Dec 03

what u have to watch with ntl is they sometimes have a habit of NOT turning it off when the trail is over.this time last year i got my bb turned down from 600-128k.i laughed for about 8 months(for once i got something for nothing from ntl)My bill was adjusted down to the 128k price but my actual connection stayed at 600k it was great.But all good things must come to an end,they've just turned my speed down,But hey nice one ntl.

SEASHANTY 15:23 31 Dec 03

If you cant view the particular webpages without allowing cookies then just allow them for that session only. Make sure they are deleted afterwards.
I use "Internet Cleanup" from Aladdin Systems for keeping my system free of unwanted cookies. It costs
£20 for the retail boxed edition. There are some free cookie deletion programmes available though. Maybe somebody will come on and tell you which ones are free.

Clint2 15:36 31 Dec 03

I use click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…