NTL BB via USB problems unmentioned before.

Jono106 09:39 07 Jan 03
  Jono106 09:39 07 Jan 03

Before I begin I must say that I'm a computer dunce!! Have looked thru the many entries for this particular subject and everybody seems to have got further than me before encountering troubles. I booted up my computer for the first time the other day and loaded my XP op system. Then I came to installing my cable modem BB software. Once I have typed in my reg details and been asked to connect to USB I have had the error arise (error 23). This says that my keyboard is either not present faulty or doesn't have driver/software. Found this odd as I used the keyboard to register my details. Checked device manager and there was an exclamation mark next to keyboard. The keyboard also uses USB. Instead, I tried using a keyboard with a conventional connection in case that was the problem but then it told me that I had faulty connectors and proceeded to name the 2 USB modem ports and the intel pci (internal modem I presume?). Tested the USB ports in the troubleshooter thingy and it said they were working fine. Even tried connecting via ethernet but still I couldn't continue for these faults. I have no computer literate friends to help me, no home phone to sit while someone talks me through it. The IT dept at work tell me things but I'm can never remember or dont understand what they are telling me. Please help and idiot with an idiots guide.

recap 10:04 07 Jan 03

Jono106, I would think that this might be a fault with the software for your BB. See if you can get another disc for the installation of your BB. Which BB are you trying to install, BT, NTL or another one?

The real question here is WHY is your BB software looking for your keyboard???

maby66 10:39 07 Jan 03

Not a great deal of help I know but I beleive that NTL comes with a "packaged" BB installer programme by a 3rd party - cant remember the name and cant look at my one as the box is at home and I am at work.

It sounds similar to an issue I found when I signed up to NTL BB and did a "home" install - I also have WIN XP, with BB thru the USB from the set top box. I'm struggling to remember the details as it was some months ago now.

Long and short of it was that I hung on the phone to the NTL BB installation help line and got throught to a VERY helpful tech. He took me through setting up the BB connection passing over the packaged installer and on to completion. Would suggest if you havent spoken to these guys to try the NTL BB helpline - the guy I spoke to was very knowledgable and helpful, explaining things simply and step by step.

Good luck.

redshift300 20:31 07 Jan 03

This might help. I discovered that I could not install NTL BB when the old PCI Modem was in the machine. Once modem was removed everything worked OK
Good Luck.

Andÿ 20:43 07 Jan 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…