ntl b/b keeps wanting to work offline

Chris the Ancient 18:25 27 May 03

It's been getting worse over the last week.

When surfing, I keep getting the dial up box for my 56k backup modem appearing. When I check, the little tick for work offline has appeared in the File menu.

I'm using XP and IE.

Any thoughts as to why I keep tripping offline?

Kitz E Kat 19:15 27 May 03

Cant say why this is happenin, i dont have BB yet its on order should have it this week, I hope.Still stuck with solwwww 56 K line.
Why you want 56k moden with BB, if it were me and i hope by the end of the week it is! i would disable the 56K moden, only take s sec and enable it should you need, its not a cure for the problem but will work till you find out what the problem is,in case you dont now go to START > CONTROL PANEL(Classic view)>SYSTEM>HARDWARE>DEVICE MANAGER, scroll down to modems and select the dial up modem>PROPERTIES> and disable.
Hope this helps,

Granger 19:36 27 May 03

When you get the dialog box for the initial conenction, tick the box marked "Connect automatically". Whatever the trouble, it's almost certainly how the Windows settings are configured rather than anything serious.

Chris the Ancient 20:01 27 May 03

I was indulging in a bit of work!

Kit E Kat...
I still have the modem available for odd times that b/b is down. It does happen! In the Network Properties, the modem lines are on disabled.

The trouble is, I don't actually want to call up the modem line. Hence, not set for 'Connect Automatically'. I want to stay with the b/b.

The glitch does seem to be something coming down the b/b lines that 'disconnects' things. As soon as I uncheck 'Work Offline', things are back to normal.

So, what's ntl doing to me to cause this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…