NTL BB email inbox

pj123 14:07 01 Jun 06

I keep getting "undelivered" messages from NTL telling me my Inbox is full and to delete some.

I delete unwanted emails or those that don't require a reply daily. Any that I need to keep I put in to a "Saved Emails" folder.

How much space does NTL allow for emails?

squillary 15:36 01 Jun 06

This refers to emails left on the ISP's server, doesn't it? Have you logged on to webmail to examine what's lingering on your email account? There my be something big there.

pj123 15:51 01 Jun 06

squillary, thanks. No, I haven't done that.

Will do it now and see what happens.

DerekR 16:49 01 Jun 06

10mb is the ceiling for email with ntl - after 7mb, it will warn you that you are over the high water mark, and tells you to delete some off the server

pj123 17:07 01 Jun 06

Thanks Guys. Been on to the webmail and found all the emails still there. Deleted them.

So, deleting them from OE inbox isn't enough. Will log on to the webmail regularly now and delete from there as well.

Ticked.

Fellsider 17:07 01 Jun 06

How are you checking your e-mails?

If you are using OE there may be some e-mails not getting through, for whatever reason.

If you check mail on the NTL website you should see if there are any e-mails that you have not received.

britto 20:22 01 Jun 06

In ntl webmail you may have "Leave messages on the POP server." ticked in Options POP mail.

squillary 15:05 02 Jun 06

Yes, there's an option whether you should delete messages on the POP server somewhere. I thought it was in Outlook itself, but I couldn't find it. If it's in the ISP's Options, do it there, but I convinced myself it was an option in Outlook. Can anyone confirm?

pj123 16:42 02 Jun 06

Thanks britto. Yes I do have a tick in "Leave a copy of messages on Server". But I also have a tick in "Remove from server when deleted from 'Deleted Items'

Looks like when I delete from 'Deleted Items' it doesn't delete them from the Server.

pj123 16:45 02 Jun 06

Thanks britto. Yes I do have a tick in "Leave a copy of messages on Server". But I also have a tick in "Remove from server when deleted from 'Deleted Items'

Looks like when I delete from 'Deleted Items' it doesn't delete them from the Server.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…