ntl anti-virus

Ferrari-Fan 10:06 05 Feb 06

My mcafee virus scan has just run out and as I am an ntl customer was considering using their free anti-virus package.

Is this a good option, or should I be considering one of the other free anti virus packages such as avg?

ps.... once my Mcafee has run out and I am no longer receiving updates from them, is my virus scan actually still working, but not able to detect new threats, or does it stop working altogether?

rawprawn 10:11 05 Feb 06

Your McAfee will still work but it will be hopelessly out of date and next to useless.
I'm sorry I do not know about NTL free AV.
Avast and AVG are excellent free AV's and Zone Alarm as a firewall
click here
click here
click here

freaky 18:32 05 Feb 06

I am also an NTL user and considered Netguard, put a post on the subject about a month ago - do a search on Netguard.

I installed the program but found when playing games - it increased by 6X the time taken to save a game !

Contacted NTL but they said that they were not aware of the problem. Eventually I replaced it with AVG and had no more problems. I also installed the Kerio Firewall which is excellent.

Ferrari-Fan 00:50 06 Feb 06

thanks freaky.
have read your previous post and was helpfull.

Skyver 00:57 06 Feb 06

It's like the Telewest version; if it crashes and stuffs your PC it's an absolute pain to get things up and running again - it did for me and I've never had that particular problem with AVG or Avast.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…