NTL Aka Virgin Media Broadband and going

Killo Bite 23:18 26 May 07

wirless broadband route. Helping a friend out, he wants to go onto a wireless connection with his new Laptop. With it being NTL/Virgin Media I told him I think he need a Cable Wireless router but not sure.

So, for me to help him out as he has a dissabilty he wants me to get his router.

Can someone please tell me what type of Belkin or Netgear router I should choose, these places are local to myself click here & click here is it a dsl modem wirless router or is there a pacific one for think they call it Cable ?

You help would be much appreciated.

Killo Bite 00:37 27 May 07

tell me which Belkin or Netgear Wireless router will be suitable for using with a NTL/Virgin Media broadband from my chosen links above please.

Danoh 03:21 27 May 07

I'll presume your friend definitely has cable and NOT ADSL broadband via the phone line.

click here
click here
click here
click here

click here(5941)Belkin-54MB-Wireless-CableDSL-Gateway-Router.aspx
click here(7919)Netgear-WGR614-54mb-Wireless-Router-and-Firewall.aspx

Killo Bite 16:36 27 May 07

The Belkin 2nd in your 1st list seems suitable. As the laptop has built in wireless.

Thank u.

andrehen2 11:31 08 Jul 07

hey,

i have virgin media broadban, i am still using the modem that i got with it but for some strange reason when i do an ipconfig from the command prompt it displays my details as though i have a static ip. the strange part is that obviously i dont know of any that i have and also i when i try to get to the default gate using the static ip assign default gateway i cant although i can ping it. and the origional default gateway doesnt work at all. i have tried accessing it on IE 6 and firefox. does any1 know what could be going on?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac