//some 3rd party need geo

NTL and Adaware, Spybot updates but not

pj123 15:35 21 Apr 06

Spywareblaster.

I have never been able to get Adaware or Spybot updates as and when posted on the Forum. Have to wait at least 3 days before they are available to me. But Spywareblaster updates seem to download as soon as they are posted on the Forum.

Anyone know why?

skidzy 15:55 21 Apr 06

PJ ..Have you tried downloading the updates via Spybots Safer networking tab.
This will give you different download options.

NewRoyWidd 16:24 21 Apr 06

I too am with NTL and experience the same problems with Adaware updates,all others are fine though.On occasion I get the updates directly from the Lavasoft site.

vinnyT 13:52 22 Apr 06

I've been told, that it's to do with how often ntl refresh the cache on their server. If it's the old ver on the server, then your prog will inform you that there is no update available until the server version is updated.

Hope this helps.

pj123 12:49 23 Apr 06

vinnyT, yes I was told that as well, but it is only Adaware and Spybot that appear to be affected. All other updates work as soon as they are posted - AVG, Zonealarm etc.

I would have thought if it was due to NTLs lack of updating the server all updates would be affected?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…