NTKERN.VXD error message -on card reader this time

2420 10:27 20 Aug 05

I've checked out the advice given to Clint on his error message & it clarifies things a bit, but I suspect my problem is with different files. My card reader worked perfectly before I had to do a complete reinstall of Windows.

Can anyone help? I know that incorrect drivers must have been installed, but I don't know how to get rid of them. Incidentally, sfc isn't recognised (in Start,Run) - my OS is Windows 98.

Grateful for any help!

Joe R 10:31 20 Aug 05
  2420 10:43 20 Aug 05

Thanks, Joe - especially for coming back so quickly!

That's the advice given on the previous thread and I'm a bit cautious about using it as it's not my hub that's causing the problem. Maybe I don't need to be so cautious, but I'm a techno-thickie!

Plus sfc isn't recognised in Windows ME so even if I change the file names (which I have done, but uhcd.sys, for one, is still there) I can't extract the reinstallation the way this article recommends - I did give it a go, but am stuck again.

Any more ideas??

Joe R 11:02 20 Aug 05

this may help you some more. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…