NTI cannot format CD-RW disc

wilf3102 19:28 07 Nov 04

hi there!!

Im using NTI CD & DVD maker v6.5, and am trying to write to a new CDRW disc.

I understand I have to prepare the disc by formatting it, or something, so i put it in the drive and launched NTI. I then clicked "Erase Rewritable disc" to prepare it.

The disc is not recognised, or is accessable to format.
An error message "Disc Format not supported" occurs.

Using XP's built-in software doesnt recognise the disc nor suggests a formatting option.

I presume this error isnt software related, as i have burned normal CD-R's ok.
I dont want to have to buy other software, such as Nero, as i presume the software is not the problem.

N.B - The disc is a Princo 650MB CD-RW, if this suggests any well-known problem with this brand??!??!

Many thanks.
wilf

ICF 19:34 07 Nov 04

I have not used DVD maker v6.5 but it is it not just for DVD's as the name suggests and not for CD-RW's

ICF 19:40 07 Nov 04

Right click on drive in My computer select properties and select recording and ensure the enable recording box is ticked.
Right click the drive and explore the disk select file from the top of the explorer window then select erase this CD-RW.

wilf3102 20:52 07 Nov 04

Hi ICF,

Recorded is already enabled on the drive, and i have recorded numerous cd-r's already this week, so it seems ok.

I presume that this version of NTI supports CDRW'S

wilf3102 20:53 07 Nov 04

'Recording' is already enabled on the drive, and i have recorded numerous cd-r's already this week, so it seems ok.

I presume that this version of NTI supports CDRW'S as there is all the erasing options.

Anymore help would be appreciated.

Wilf

BT 08:53 08 Nov 04

To FORMAT a CD-RW you will need something like Nero InCD or Roxio Direct CD this will enable you to use the disc for 'Drag & Drop' like a huge floppy. In Nero if you 'Erase a CD-RW' it leaves the disc set like a CDR which means that it works like a CDR, very useful to do test burns before committing stuff to a normal CDR. You can then erase it and use it again, but if you want to use it for 'Drag & Drop' you have to Format it again with InCD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…