NTFS over FAT32

Sisha 07:46 26 Apr 03

Is there an advantage? My windows 98 dual boot doesnt seem to think so (although I understand win98 cant use it)

Migwell 07:58 26 Apr 03

Far more up to date file system, less wastefull of disk space and far more secure than FAT32.

The segment size on any of my drives is only 4KB and that includes my 60Gig drive as well as a 512mb that i use at times as a removeble

AndySD 08:00 26 Apr 03

As you say 98 cant use New Technology File System. But Windows NT, 2K and XP were designed to run on this (although you can choose FAT32 for XP its not realy designed for it) Running XP on FAT32 disables some Advanced Options...eg file encription..etc.

Sisha 08:03 26 Apr 03

As I still want to make sure that some of my old software works but it does unfortunatley mean that I have both OS's running on FAT32 at the moment. Its an 80GB barracuda drive so I hope it wont cause to many problems at the moment!

AndySD 08:16 26 Apr 03

It should not cause any problems.

Sisha 08:33 26 Apr 03

Now if only I could fix the other problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…