NTFS or Fat32 which.

prince midas 14:46 26 Jan 06

I have just purchased a new computor an Athlone 3500 - 64 bit.
I partioned the C drive using NTFS and my D drive as Fat32 to put on my Ghost backups.
Friends have said I could have made both partitions NTFS as you can see the files on both now. I was under the impression you needed to be on a Fat 32 system to read and restore individual files with Ghost. Am I wrong and have things moved on from 4 years ago.

Thalmus 14:51 26 Jan 06

Both your drives should be NTFS, there will be no problems using Ghosty on it. To convert you d: drive to NTFS click start > run and type "cmd", at the command prompt type.

convert d: /fs:NTFS

prince midas 17:10 26 Jan 06

Thanks for your response but as I have about 20 Gig of Ghost backups on a Fat32 drive am I doing any harm for the time being leaving it as it is.Also I notice on past reviews which I have just read that the cluster size on Fat32 is different to NTFS cluster size. Will this mean that if I restore from a Fat32 drive it will be different cluster size when it gets back to the NTFS partition or does this not matter on restore.

Thalmus 18:46 26 Jan 06

no, the cluster size will be the same as when you made the image

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…