NTFS or FAT32 for data storage

johnem 15:42 20 May 06

Afternoon all,
Back for some more help. I am currently running a older version of XP Pro, and am just about to embark on a new installation. At present my master hard drive has 2 off 20Gig partitions and I intend to install only Windows on the C drive and will be formating this to NTFS. On the D drive I intend to install the documents etc, should this be re-formatted to NTFS or left as FAT32. All of the programmes are going to be installed on a partition of the slave hard drive. Should this partition be NTFS or left as FAT32. My thinking behind this is that I can then utilise Acronis to make a bootable CD copy of the windows installation to enable an easier re-install, if ever required. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

woodchip 15:45 20 May 06

See hear for my explanation

click here

Chris-347369 15:45 20 May 06

I've always had it drummed into me that NTFS has many advantages over FAT32 and the only reason you'd ever want a FAT32 partition is if you ever needed to view it using older operating systems like Win98

johnem 16:24 20 May 06

Thanks Woodchip and Pyroxide for your speedy replies. From the info I think I will just format the C drive NTFS and leave all of the rest as FAT32.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…