NTFS Format of Maxtor OneTouch Drive

dregn 06:57 15 Jun 04

I have ordered a Maxtor OneTouch external drive.
I would like to know how I may format the drive to NTFS and also how to partition the drive.
I am running a PC ( Self built ) with Win XP Pro.
TIA

ventanas 08:31 15 Jun 04

click here

There is a link at the bottom of the page to a pdf file that gives the full spec. Seems to mention everything except file system, so I would say that you cannot change how it comes. But someone may know better.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:19 15 Jun 04

Plug it in, go to administrative tools-computer management-disk management-find your HD, right click and format to your specs. There is really no need to partition an external HD.

G

ventanas 10:50 15 Jun 04

Yep, somebody did know better.

dregn 11:22 15 Jun 04

Thanks for the speedy responses.
I am now waiting for ParcelForce to arrive with it-I'll report further.
I wondered about partitioning the drive.
I felt that a 250GB drive would quickly become chaotic. What is the reason for not partitioning it ?

Chronos 12:05 15 Jun 04

I have ntsf filing system on the PC and a maxtor 200gb external drive, and i have left it as it came, ie:fat32, and all is fine, everything is in folders.

dregn 10:21 22 Jun 04

I have taken delivery of the Maxtor OneTouch drive and it seems to be fine.

There is provision within the supplied software to format the drive as NTFS and I have partitioned it within Win XP ( Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Disk Management ) without a problem.

Thank you all once again for your help and suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…