NTFS advice needed!

zigg 23:24 12 Mar 05

I am trying to convert my hard disk from Fat32 to NTFS. When I follow the microsoft instructions and type CONVERT C:/FS:NTFS at the command prompt, I get a message asking me what my current volume size is. How do I find this information out? Also can I convert just my main drive on a two drive system or do I have to convert both? Any advice appreciated.

dan11 23:43 12 Mar 05

What it is asking is for the volume label.

If the drive you wish to convert is just a letter, e.g. C, then just press enter.

If you call the drive a name. e.g. ziggs drive or any other name, you must enter that name and then press enter.

You can convert any drive, or partition. You just do it one at a time.

The only difficulty on seeing a ntfs drive, would be if you duel booted with win98. Win98 would be unable to see the contents of the ntfs drive.

powerless 23:44 12 Mar 05

Are you sure it's not "Volume Label"?

zigg 00:17 13 Mar 05

Yes, it is volume label!
I did just press enter when this was requested but it just asked the same question again. Does anyone know how I can find out what the volume label is?

dan11 00:26 13 Mar 05

just open my computer.

Your hard drives are listed with the labels.

Mine>>> click here

Notice the C drive has no label, just C

the D drive's label is "New Volume "

while the E drive is called "manuals"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…