NTFS

Sketch 22:31 23 Jul 03

I'm going up in the world!

I've bought a copy of Windows 2000 Pro and I'm wondering what the pitfalls of going NTFS over FAT32 are? (Previously Win98SE)

It says that once you convert to NTFS you cannot go back the other way...... but what if you format the drive?

I'm curious to this 'more stable, more secure' way of doing things.

What are your views?

SKETCH

dazzling (work) 22:51 23 Jul 03

ntfs is supposed to be more stable.if you have any partitons on your hard drive in fat 32 you will not be able to see them.you are correct you can format back to fat 32.i have both dual boot win 98 xp pro but to be honest didnt notice the diffrence between xp on fat 32 and xp on ntfs.darren

Virtuosity 22:52 23 Jul 03

Since you have it now, you might as well go for NTFS. It is more secure, and if you want to capture video, there is no 2GB limit.
You can change the file allocation by reformating the drive later on if you wish.

jazzypop 23:03 23 Jul 03

Go for NTFS, unless you intend to network with W95/98/ME, which can't read NTFS drives.

See click here and click here

Sketch 20:13 24 Jul 03

Thanks for your input.

SKETCH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…