ntdr missing

picklsey 16:25 26 Nov 05

xp pro sp2

asus a8nsli deluxe m/b

could someone help me out on this when i reboot my pc i get the above message,then what i have to do to get the pc to boot up is restart press f8 and this gives me the option to select what drive to boot from i select my hard/d. with xp on it and it boots up no other problems other than the initial bootup.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:30 26 Nov 05
  ICF 16:35 26 Nov 05

Go into the bios and select first boot device to be your hard drive.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:38 26 Nov 05

NTLDR Missing
If you have FAT32 partitions, it is much simpler than with NTFS. Just boot with a Win98 floppy and copy the NTLDR or NTDETECT.COM files from the i386 directory to the root of the C:\ drive.

Insert and boot from your Windows XP CD. At the first R=Repair option, press the R key Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for the installation of Windows you want to repair. Typically this will be #1 Enter in the administrator password when requested Enter in the following commands (X: is replaced by the actual drive letter that is assigned to the CD ROM drive) COPY X:\i386\NTLDR C\: COPY X:\i386\NTDETECT.COM C:\ Take out the CD ROM and type exit

picklsey 16:47 26 Nov 05

thanks for reply,s Fruit Bat /\0/\ could you break that down a bit please,also could i not run a cmd from the run option.i am using the pc just now.vog i followed your link and from what it says it looks like i have to fixboot or fixmbr would someone take me through how to do this please.thanks for the help.

picklsey 17:58 28 Nov 05

thanks for the help offered unfortunetly i couldn,t get any of them to work.what had happened was i done an upgrade from home to pro about 10days ago and to say i had a few problems would be an understatement.anyway what i did in the end was reinstall home (tried to reinstall pro a few times but no difference)then i done the upgrade and so far for the first time since the upgrade all seems well.i will keep my fingers legs and eyes crossed that things will be fine.thanks again for trying to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…