nt/administrator shutdown problem and reformat

pookie 11:01 14 Aug 03

I had the above shutdown problem that jester2k solved with stinger/etc. However, as i'm doing a reformat and clean xp install i take it that i'm stuffed if i get nt/administrator shutdown in 60 secs problem again as i won't be able to update my avg in time or the huge amounts of critical updates I'll have after clean install. can microsoft patch/s be backed up from c drive to cdrw so i can install it after reformat with need for internet?

Many thanks

JoeC 11:08 14 Aug 03

Windows Update site and on left hand pane, look for Windows Update Catalog ( their spelling ). If it is not their, it can be put there by using Personalise Windows Update. Click on your OS then download whatever you want. Once done, burn to CD.

Jester2K II 11:16 14 Aug 03

Download patch from here click here and pop on to a floppy disk.

Apply as soon as you get Windows installed.

Then install and update you AV.

If using XP - get the 32 bit patch.

-pops- 11:40 14 Aug 03

You might want to download Stinger (as previously recommended) on to a floppy as well - just in case the worst happens!

pookie 12:08 14 Aug 03

Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…