NT. OS?

Magik ®© 22:31 28 Aug 03

hi all, a laptop which is a Dell latitude has NT as a operating system, should it still have things like a defrag, and "safe mode"

after hours on the phone the owner says it has not. so it is on it's way here, i said it must have..so it is the blind leading the blind.

so in a nutshell could someone tell me what NT is all about....

thanks

Magik ®© 22:41 28 Aug 03

thanks for that, now i can see trouble, it has no CD drive, so my plan is to put the bits in it from a zip drive...is that feasible?

thanks

duckers 22:46 28 Aug 03

Sounds like hassle to me unless your getting it for nothing or very close,,,, if its as old as it sounds then youll probaly have trouble with component failure in the near future... You probably realise that already though....

Philip2 22:50 28 Aug 03

How are you going to use a zip drive as NT is not a USB aware system??

Magik ®© 22:51 28 Aug 03

it is my sons friend, it has no space left on the HDD, so they are bringing it here for me to take out the programmes that are not wanted,

oh dear....... :-((

Magik ®© 22:53 28 Aug 03

and this is before it lands up here, they said it had a USB port...i never thought it would not work.

Magik ®© 23:02 28 Aug 03

thanks all, i will tick the box.. and once it is here, which is now saturday,i will start the thread again..

so could you all please be on standby :-))

thanks all..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…