NT Network Admin Problems

Alien463 14:15 03 Mar 03

Hello. My friend is runnning a Windows 2000 Network (built on NT technology) and needs some help.

He heard somewhere that it is possible to upgrade a user account into an admin account, and was wondering how this was possible, and what actions to take to do this.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

recap 15:13 03 Mar 03

Alien463, open the users account, select properties. Look for the tab named "Member of" from here you can add the user to any of the accounts that are listed.

Alien463 15:20 03 Mar 03

Hi. Thanks for the advice.

However, I was referring to upgrading a normal user account into the admin group.

Is it possible to add a common user account into the admin group by using features only accessible in a normal account? I have heard that there is a program that is able to upgrade user accounts into admin status, and wanted some information on it. Thanks again.

recap 15:24 03 Mar 03

Alien463, I use W2K and have 6 OUs, which hold around 300 users. I can pic any one of these users and upgrade their account status to an Adminstrator, Account Operator etc, by the process of my description above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…