NT error code c0000221

semrots 14:42 23 Apr 03

Help plse with a Dell laptop running NT build 4. At the blue splash screen detailing build info we get Stop: c00002221 Bad Image checksum crtdll.dll is poss. corrupt.

Is there any easy way in to either fix &/or just get at files to copy off HDD. We don't have NT disks and are users. Our helpdesk is saying nothing can be done and all is lost - surely not!!

MAJ 14:52 23 Apr 03

Looks like a bad memory module, semrots. If you have more than one memory module installed try them one at time, see if it helps, or take out the module/s you have and try a new one.

Big Elf 15:02 23 Apr 03

Although I use NT at work I am not an expert as it is locked down to stop me playing with it but I found this:

DLL File: crtdll or crtdll.dll
DLL Name: Microsoft C Runtime Library
Description: Contains Standard C Library Functions such as printf, memcpy and cos
System DLL: No

Common Errors: File Not Found, Missing File, Exception Errors
Solution: Many problems can be solved by resinstalling this application. If the DLL is missing, download it to your windows system folder.

The dll can be downloaded from click here but you may need a boot floppy to get it on your system. I've got the horrible feeling that I've read somewhere that NT doesn't boot from a floppy and I hope I'm wrong but an NT expert on here should hopefully be able to advise you.

Your helpdesk sound just like ours.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…