NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Error Message again

Giggle n' Bits 00:14 21 Jun 04

thought the Blaster had been kicked into touch but 3 months of more away and NAV 04 not detecting anything I get this in XP home and with the box up that then counts down to rebbot.

Is there anyother time that when getting the above error messeges it may be some config problems isn XP ?

Again, NAV, CW Shredder, Stinger, Spybot have found nothing.

Can a pre-installed Windows on a hidden partion hold it and maybe stop it from being detected ?.

Djohn 00:20 21 Jun 04

System restore can hold and hide it. Turn off system restore and scan again to get rid of it. Have you not downloaded/installed the patch from Microsoft yet to stop it?

Right click on My computer Icon then properties, select system restore tab and disable. After the scan don't forget to turn back on again. j.

hugh-265156 00:53 21 Jun 04

a friend of mine had diskeeper installed (the full version) and had set it to run on a smart schedule as and when required.

they were just about to shut down the computer and noticed that diskeeper was active in the tray so they used task manager to try and end the process as they didnt want to wait until it finished.

when it didnt end after a few seconds they got impatient and tried to access the diskeeper program by starting up another session. this must have confused the computer a bit and it hung so they hit the off switch lol

upon restarting the next day they were greeted with the NT_Athority_system messege and the computer would not start, just kept rebooting. they also could not get it to start in safe mode.

phoned me to come take a look as 'they had not touched anything'

when i found out the true story and picked myself up of the floor laughing, reinstalling windows seemed to do the trick :-)

may not help you but this sort of thing would do it.

hugh-265156 00:55 21 Jun 04

can you get into windows at all? even if only safe mode?

VoG II 08:33 21 Jun 04

Assuming that you can get into Windows, Start, Run, type in

shutdown -a

and click OK.

This should stop it from shutting down and give you time to fix it.

Giggle n' Bits 13:50 21 Jun 04

thing kicks in and starts it countdown but its at random, maybe becuase I am not running the machine everyday as I run 3 other computers. I will leave it running more and see how often each session it kicks in.

Will try system restore disable.

But when you scan after dissable the System restore do you need to Re-Boot before a NAV scan or scan straight away. ?

Djohn 00:48 22 Jun 04

Scan without rebooting. Once cleaned of any virus turn system restore back on and then reboot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now