NT AUTHORITY IS SHUTTING WINDOWS DOWN

pj1664 14:20 23 Aug 04

Please can someone help, lately whenever I try logging on to the web a message comes up telling me "NT AUTHORITY is shutting Windows down, please save all your work" and windows shuts down within a minute. This only happends when I log on to the net, otherwise I can be on my pc for hours without any problems. I have Windows 2000. At the moment I have connected to the net using my other pc using Windoes 98. Does anyone knows what is causing this and how to eliminate this. Please advice, I would really appreciate feed back. Thank you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:27 23 Aug 04

This is a symptom of Blaster or Sasser worm download and use Stinger click here

jonnytub 14:29 23 Aug 04

NT AUTHORITY shutting down my PC
A few times a message has appeared on my screen suddenly telling me that NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM was going to shut down my PC. All you can do is save your work and basically take it like a man unforunately and let your computer reboot.

This is a security flaw in Microsoft Windows, mainly NT/XP/Server.
If you see this message you should install Windows updates as soon as possible. There is basically someone out there sending data to your PC causing this to happen.

Advisory Warning to all users of the following operating systems:

Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Services Edition
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows Server 2003

Your Microsoft Operating System may potentially be under attack by HACKER ACTIVITY. The vulnerability attack can fool software into accepting insecure commands that could let intruders steal data, delete files or eavesdrop on e-mails.

Due to the seriousness of this vulnerability the Department of Homeland Security and Microsoft encourages system administrators and computer owners to update vulnerable versions of Microsoft Windows operating systems as soon as possible.

Our recommendation is to please go to:

click here to install the patch immediately.

pc moron 14:36 23 Aug 04

You can stop the shutdown by opening a command prompt window and typing

shutdown -a

Then do as Fruit Bat /\0/\ suggests.

pj1664 22:46 23 Aug 04

sorry, but I an no pc expert but how do you open a command prompt, please advice.

spanneress 22:53 23 Aug 04

Start - Run then type cmd

CurlyWhirly 22:54 23 Aug 04

If you are using Windows XP then go to START > RUN and then type in 'shutdown -a' as PC Moron advises.
CW

pj1664 22:55 23 Aug 04

Thanks guys, I will try that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…