//some 3rd party need geo

NT AUTHORITY is shutting windows down

Bigchidi 13:59 16 Aug 04

Hi everyone, I am new and I need help. I have a laptop running windows 2000, recently when ever I log on my msn to the web my computer comes up with a message similir to "NT AUTHURITY is shutting windows down in 60 seconds, please save all work now" and after 60 seconds it shuts down. I have been told that one of my file is corrupted and a patch is available from Microsoft to download but my problem is (1)I don't know which patch to download and(2)I am not able to stay on line long enough to download a patch as windows cut off, I am using dial up.I do have a desktop using windows 98 which is working fine, would I be able to download a patch on this pc and trnsfer the data to my laptop using a memory stick? I do need to know where at microsoft I could get the patch. I have run my anti virus and found no virus. Please advice. Thank you.

Androcles 14:14 16 Aug 04

If you are using Windows XP.When you boot up press the F8 key and your machine should boot up in safe mode,you navigate the menu with the arrow keys after making sure NUM LOCK on your keyboard is set to off.Make sure you select the boot option (safe mode with network connection)then you can download the patch you need from Microsoft.Regards.

Androcles 14:16 16 Aug 04

Sorry,missed the 2000 in your post,but this should still work!

alan227 14:29 16 Aug 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…