NT 4.0 boot problems

expertec 16:18 19 May 03

When I try to boot my window$ NT system it gets to a blue screen like this: ***STOP*** INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. then there are several lines of number and letters each line ending ntoskrnl.exe, and at the bottom of the screen it says "Restart and set the recovery options in the system control panel or the /CRASHDEBUG system start option. If this message reappears contact your system administrator or technical support group." Any ideas why it's doing this or how I can stop it?

expertec 19:18 19 May 03

Anyone???

expertec 09:03 20 May 03

Nobody got any ideas!?

NadineCoyleRocks 10:21 20 May 03

have you tried creating an nt boot disk?

you will need just boot.ini, ntdetect.com and ntldr, if this works just copy these files into the root of your c:\

expertec 11:12 20 May 03

I think the problem is caused by lack of disk space. Will your suggestion get me to a command prompt so i can delete some files? (The C drive is NTFS file system btw)

NadineCoyleRocks 12:07 20 May 03

No it wont i dont think, a win98 boot disk with command.com would though

expertec 13:14 20 May 03

Would i be able to access an NTFS drive from a win 98 boot disk?

expertec 13:21 20 May 03

I just booted off a Win ME boot disk and i cant get to the C drive

The Transporter 13:32 20 May 03

make sure if you can that the boot.ini file says this

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\winnt="Windows NT workstation"

if not try copying the NTOSKRNL.EXE off of the installation CD into the %systemroot%/system32 directory.

go here for extra help

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…