nrg and iso files

gazmania 14:08 13 Aug 06

First, apologies if this question is rather simple or naieve but I just can't work it out.
I have a file on my hard drive with an "nrg" extension. I think it is a CD image. I managed to convert it to an "iso" file using a trial version of Magic_iso. However, I can't see how to transform the nrg or iso files into readable data. I also have Nero Express 6.
Can anyone help?

James. 14:10 13 Aug 06

ISO files are not really meant to be "readable data" but are image files to be burnt to a CD/DVD.

gazmania 14:15 13 Aug 06

Hmnnnn.....I did think on that line. I tried burning image to CD with no success. I get a messae in Nero saying "foreign file format, wrong block size"

De Marcus™ 14:20 13 Aug 06

You need to choose the burn image option in nero

or

Download a trial version of winrar click here and try extracting it to a folder, it should give you your readable files unless you've inadvertently corrupted the image by converting it.

gazmania 14:28 13 Aug 06

ust looked at winrar it unpacks ISO but not NRG. The one ISO file I have simply unpacks itself to an NRG. So guess I need something to unpack an NRG. Thanks for your help & sorry to be a pain.

sidecar sid 14:41 13 Aug 06

nrg is a nero image file.
If you double click on it Nero(if installed)will open and let you burn the image.

Strawballs 15:08 13 Aug 06

choose the option to burn image or ISO file as suggested by De Marcus™

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017