nrg and iso files

gazmania 14:08 13 Aug 06

First, apologies if this question is rather simple or naieve but I just can't work it out.
I have a file on my hard drive with an "nrg" extension. I think it is a CD image. I managed to convert it to an "iso" file using a trial version of Magic_iso. However, I can't see how to transform the nrg or iso files into readable data. I also have Nero Express 6.
Can anyone help?

James. 14:10 13 Aug 06

ISO files are not really meant to be "readable data" but are image files to be burnt to a CD/DVD.

gazmania 14:15 13 Aug 06

Hmnnnn.....I did think on that line. I tried burning image to CD with no success. I get a messae in Nero saying "foreign file format, wrong block size"

De Marcus™ 14:20 13 Aug 06

You need to choose the burn image option in nero

or

Download a trial version of winrar click here and try extracting it to a folder, it should give you your readable files unless you've inadvertently corrupted the image by converting it.

gazmania 14:28 13 Aug 06

ust looked at winrar it unpacks ISO but not NRG. The one ISO file I have simply unpacks itself to an NRG. So guess I need something to unpack an NRG. Thanks for your help & sorry to be a pain.

sidecar sid 14:41 13 Aug 06

nrg is a nero image file.
If you double click on it Nero(if installed)will open and let you burn the image.

Strawballs 15:08 13 Aug 06

choose the option to burn image or ISO file as suggested by De Marcus™

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…