...and now Skype won't install

LillyValleys 13:35 12 Aug 08

I really don't understand what's wrong with this machine.
I cannot install Skype (and before anyone says to turn off my antivirus and firewall, yes, AVG is turned off and I have no antispyware either.Also, this eMachine has been resently re-built to manufacturing default settings, ei. I've run a complete restore that included a NTFS format in an attempt to get my astronomy related software to work again, though they still do not :-( Sigh!)

After downloading the SkypeSetup.exe and trying to run it, a message appears that reads
'Access violation at address 004020EE in module 'SkypeSetup.exe'. Write of address 01F1C024'
Then I click on ok and the first Skype installation screen appears asking me to choose the country in an empty fiels whilst the message remains. Needless to say that I just terminate the task.

Does anyone have any idea as to what might be causing this?
I'm beginning to think that either the hardrive or the motherboard is on its way.

rawprawn 17:30 12 Aug 08

click here
Try using CCleaner which I can recomend as easy and safe
click here

rawprawn 17:34 12 Aug 08

Also after your rebuild click here

LillyValleys 22:52 12 Aug 08

Thank you both for replying. The page about access violation errors is very interesting.

>Try using CCleaner which I can recomend as easy and safe

I could just remove an entry in the Registry with Regedit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…