novice html.

charlton200 15:48 16 Sep 03

hi,
i am at the moment trying to teach myself html.i am getting on fairly well.i am trying to create a personal site just to lean how it is done more then for what i have got to put on it (proberly nobody will not want to read it anyway).

as a newcomer to web building is html the way to learn or is there something else i should be learning.

any help to a complete novice would be appeciated.

many thanks.

AndySD 16:07 16 Sep 03

Yes yuo will find that a good background knowledge of html is a major advantage when you start to use web design programs. You may also like to look at Cascading Style Sheets. click here

Gaz 25 17:23 16 Sep 03

CSS is great becuase it is easy, and means you can change websites colour schemes often with pure ease.

Javascript is harder but can do a few amazing things.

PHP is far better than Java and HTML and is a little easier to learn.

ASP, Only if creating e-commerce sites could I be bothered.

charlton200 18:17 16 Sep 03

thanks,

so is it worth sticking with html and learning it properly and then learning others after that .

Is this the best way to learn?

thanks.

AndySD 07:31 17 Sep 03

IMHO its the best way to go.

Forum Editor 07:51 17 Sep 03

is an asset certainly, and it will stand you in good stead later on, but if I were you I would also be working with one of the WYSIWYG programs. What many professional designers do is to use a good WYSIWYG application (DreamWeaver, FrontPage,NetObjects Fusion etc.) and then fine-tune the code by hand if needs be.

Modern applications produce code that is so good it hardly needs much tweaking, and of course it's a far faster way of working. You would be well advised to study server-side technologies as well, and learn aboutthe different server types - what their strengths and weaknesses are.

charlton200 13:17 17 Sep 03

thanks to you all for your advise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…